Monday 3 December 2012

Tania's Dynamic Duos Card Challenge #31

Tania's Dynamic Duos Card Challenge

I had a lot of fun participating in my first ever Dynamic Duos colour challenge, and was glad their theme for this week included the classic Christmas combo of green and red-perfect for the Christmas mood I've been in for the last couple of days, as I've put up my Tree, decorated my home, and of course, baked xmas cookies :)) 

Before I started, I knew I wanted to use CTMH red baker's twine in this card, as it so reminds me of candy canes.  I also knew I wanted to make a card that looked like a xmas present.  Since I didn't have any ribbon in the required colours, I decided to 'make' some out of some scrap green paper, CTMH kraft borders (which I decided to thread with the twine) and some MS red glitter.  To continue with the neutral kraft theme, I made the bow out of CTMH burlap ribbon-a favourite product that I find myself using over and over again (I thought it looked a little plain, so I added some sheer white ribbon to it). I embossed some red paper with my Cuttlebug using their polka dots embossing folder, assembled all of the above, and finished it off with a tag that I punched out with my Recollections punch, added a glittered 'For You', and threaded a corner of it with a few stitches of the twine.  



 Looking forward to my next card challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment